Friday, May 18, 2012

Oh Canada...

Greetings from Canada!! Although I have been away from my blog for a little while (and around the world for that matter - a trip to Australia and New Zealand), I have found my way back to the world of words. This Olympic year has been tough, as any Olympic year will always be, but having gone through it before, I still could never anticipated the ups and downs that inevitably come along with it.

With that being said, I have some absolutely wonderful times along the way and have enjoyed the journey. Learning not only tons on the hockey pitch, but about my teammates and myself along the way. In the end, this is what it's truly about.

Despite all of this, the true time is now. Every moment of this journey counts. As the days quickly jump faster and faster towards the game, it seems like a high-speed train speeding towards the final destination: London 2012. But with just 70 days left, every day becomes more and more important to focus in on the details of the tasks that still need to be completed. And right now, our focus is on Canada. Although, they did not make the Games this year, they are a strong side that has put in a lot of training over the past year in hopes to qualify. So here we are, in Victoria, with beautiful scenery all around us, ready to put some final touches on our individual and team preparations.

It is a quick trip with 4 games in 6 days, but at least for once we didn't have to change timezones! :)

And I have to say I'm excited to face a fellow Demon Deacon on the pitch as well. Shout out to Anna... bring it on!!

Follow us this week and the rest of our Olympic prep on US field hockey, my blog, and of course (my favorite) twitter! @mkasold18

As always.... GO USA!


PS- Rachel Dawson was all packed and ready to go this morning as we arrived at 4:30am at the airport.... check it out!

No comments: