Saturday, February 27, 2010

United States!

We finally arrived back in the states after what seemed like days of travel. Leaving on Monday morning, we didn't arrive to our final destination until Tuesday afternoon (and night for some of us). So happy to have finally arrived back in the states, although exhausted, the first thing I had to do was go get a burrito! One of the big questions toward the end of tour is "what is the first thing you are going to eat when you get back?" We often are fed the same meals on tour, so there are those American foods/restaurants we crave on tour. Needless to say, my body was happy to finally have some familiar food as well!

Since being home, it has been so nice to finally be able to watch the Olympics in English!! And have all the coverage of the American athletes we so lovingly support! As always, the Olympics never fails to amaze me. With crazy crashes and amazing stories. The most touching has to that of figure skater Joannie Rochette from Canada. She lost her mother to a heart attack just days before competing in the games, yet found a way to still compete at the highest level. Her strength and determination led her to a bronze medal finish. What an inspiration this young women is to all of us. This is one of the many reasons I love the Olympics. It just goes to show to heart of these amazing athletes.

As the Olympics come to a close tomorrow, I am sad that I will no longer be able to watch these fascinating performances, but it gives me new motivation to continue on my journey for 2012. I see the emotion that comes with years of hard work, dedication, and passion, and I know that I want to be a part of that. I know how much blood, sweat, and tears go into the process, and I can't wait to get back out on the field Monday morning and continue to train.

No comments: